Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Random Vanity: Milani Powder Eyeshadows

Quick reviews of random picks from the vanity...

 

I have had these shadows for quite some time and I must say, I don't think I could go a day without them.
They are smooth, rich, and oh the pigmentation...by far, the best I have seen in the drugstore. I use these neutral shades everyday and even keep them in the top drawer of my vanity along with my concealer and mascara...they're that important to my makeup routine.


Shades...in order from left to right
*All shades have a matte finish...awesome!
White lie-white, duh. 
Pitch Black-black, pigmentation puts MAC's Carbon to shame...SHAME!!
Brown Stone-brown, deep and rich payoff.
French Vanilla- creamy nude, perfect subtle brow bone highlight

White Lie, Pitch Black
 
Brown Stone, French Vanilla
 
White Lie, Pitch Black, Brown Stone, French Vanilla

They do have a few more shades in this line, like a bright purple and blue, but I just wouldn't get the use out of those shades that I do out of the neutral shades.

As I have mentioned before, I top all my cream products (eyeliners especially) with powder products to improve staying power. These are the shadows I reach for without fail when topping and smudging out my black and brown pencil liners. Even if I use a pencil eyeliner and the pigmentation is a little lacking, I top them with Pitch Black or Brown Stone and the pigmentation is instantly improved.They are also my go-to matte crease shades for adding dimension and depth to any of my eye looks. French Vanilla is the perfect transition color for blending out other shadows through the crease and I use White Lie daily as an inner corner highlight.

Definite must-have in my collection.

Would I repurchase...
YES

No comments:

Post a Comment