Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

New NYX Love In Paris Eye Shadow Palette in Merci Beaucoup


#09 Merci Beaucoup


 The Swatches...

in order as above
golden champagne shade, peachy coral shade, rusty red shade
 
bronze shade, medium brown shade, matte cream shade
 
light gold, warm matte brown, deep matte brown

The Review...

 I picked up this palette from the new Love In Paris collection from NYX and I must say, I had a hard time deciding which palette to choose from the display. They have a huge selection of palettes from dark smokey palettes, neutral palettes, matte palettes, shimmery palettes, trios, quads...I mean, you name it...they had a palette for it. I was really impressed and I'm already itching to pick up a couple more because I'm loving the shadows in this Merci Beaucoup palette.

I finally decided on this guy because I thought it would be a nice neutral palette with a couple brighter shades thrown in. The coral and rust shades add a little something extra to the typical neutral brown eye, while still being very wearable. I also love the fact that this palette has both matte and shimmer shades, which is rare in "drugstore" eyeshadow palettes.

I have always loved the NYX single eye shadows for their outstanding quality and this palette did not disappoint. The colors were pigmented, smooth, blendable...everything I have come to expect from the NYX brand. I love the color selection and quality of the shadows included in this little kit. This would be a great travel and on-the-go palette because of the wide shade and finish selection of great quality shadows in one small compact.  Great staple kit to add to my collection.

Would I repurchase...
Yes...and I'm going to...very soon!  

9 comments:

  1. Lovely blog! New follower here, you can check out my blog and follow back on GFC or Bloglovin' if you wish(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm loving yours as well, following for sure! Thank you for taking the time to have a peek at my blog and comment!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning! Love the mix of tones and finishes. And the pigmentation is incredible. Will have to check this one out for sure! xo

    -Jen :)

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I will probably run out and grab this! It looks gorgeous!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its awesome, trust me, you'll have a hard time deciding on one, there's so many to choose from! I'd love to get one of the dark and smoky palettes!

      Delete
  4. The palette looks so pretty, but on my super fair skin orangey or red colors just look awful... even really bronzey browns are no-goes :( It looks quite lovely on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same thing about orange tones on my fair skin but I really liked the effect they gave me. I think this would be a nice palette to try. The soft peachy shade isn't as harsh as orange and if you don't like it, then you still have 8 other awesome neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hai, great review and swatches over there. I stumble on deciding to buy this or Lancome kissed by gold. I reckon they have quite similar color. What do you think??

    ReplyDelete