Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

New Rimmel ScandalEyes Eye Shadow Sticks

With those hot Houston summer days around the corner I've had my eye out for lighter cream products...cause who likes to have a full face of makeup on in 105 degree weather...
These new Rimmel shadow sticks seemed perfect...

 
 

 
 

 
Bulletproof Beige, Bad Girl Bronze, Paranoid Purple
 
in order as above
 
#002 Bulletproof Beige- shimmery champagne/slightly golden tint
#003 Bad Girl Bronze- shimmery warm brown
#006 Paranoid Purple- shimmery deep purple
 

Are They Really Waterproof?

swatches after doing one sink full of dirty dishes...soap and all
a little fading and flaking but not bad
 

On The Eye...

no primer, powders, or brushes were used for this look...only these shadow sticks and my fingers
 
 

 
 
I applied Bulletproof Beige all over my lid and up into my brow bone and then blended it out with my finger. I applied a thick line of Bad Girl Bronze to my upper lash line and blended it into my crease (using my finger) for some slight definition. I again applied Bad Girl Bronze to my lash line for my liner. I smudged Paranoid Purple into my lower lashes and waterline and again, blended it all together with my little finger
 

Review

I'm really loving these shadow sticks. They are creamy, blendable, and create just about the quickest eye look possible. I see these being a staple item in my summer makeup routine. They feel super light on the eyes and will last me all day in the Texas heat. Even with the small amount of flaking (I'll give them a little slack...I was using dish soap after all) I still consider these shadows to be waterproof.
 
I love the shimmery champagne shade and warm bronze shade but my favorite of the bunch is Paranoid Purple...such a pretty and deep eggplant color! I'm definitely interested in picking up a few more of these.
 
Would I repurchase...
Yes
 

 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Those colors are gorgeous! Great post!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thanks for taking the time to check it out and comment!

      Delete
  2. I have been searching for Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow reviews over the net. Yours is, hands down, my favourite look of them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And the look was so easy! I'm thinking of posting a tutorial on this look soon if you're interested! Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my blog and thanks for the lovely comment!
      -Sara

      Delete
    2. Sometimes simple can have the best effect. I just received my beige, bronze, purple and turquoise in the mail from ASOS. Can't wait for the tutorial! :)

      Delete
    3. Yes I agree, sometimes simple is the best way to go! I'll be posting that tutorial soon!

      Delete
  3. Wow, those look amazing! Thanks for the swatches! I'm a new follower thru Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm loving yours as well, following in return!

      Delete