Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Liebster Award!



"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find new blogs that they want to follow"



I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely ChrissyLilly. She is an amazingly sweet and beautiful blogger currently living in Italy! Check out her Liebster Award post and other nominees here!


It's officially my one month blogging anniversary and I figured, what better way to celebrate than with a Liebster Award post!

The Rules...

List 11 facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate
Choose 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
Let everyone know they've been picked

11 Random Facts About Me

1. Before last week, I have never been on Facebook. Never had an account and never stalked an ex...but blogging is all about social media so I broke down and made an account.

2. I chose the name DancingWithDragQueens in honor of one of the most fun nights of my life. A friend and I went out for a quiet dinner, dressed in our finest jeans and t-shirts and...long story short, we ended up spending all night in a downtown club, dancing with drag queens.

3. As a child, I broke my wrist three times...at the beginning of summer...three summers in a row. Who likes swimming on hot summer days anyway?!

4. I'm allergic to bananas and avocados...but I eat them anyway...and lips swell up.

5. No one in my personal life is interested in makeup...no one...at all. Besides my boyfriend, no one in my "real life" even knows I started a blog.

6. In college, I had a deaf ferret named Sir Bearington James...and he loved to hide my car keys and make me late for class/work. I would always yell at him...but he couldn't hear me...

7. I am honestly shocked by how supportive beauty bloggers are of one another. For years I thought beauty blogging was just the internet version of the movie Mean Girls...girls being catty towards one another, trying to be the prettiest and most popular.  Since I've started blogging I've never met such kind, supportive, and inspiring women...it was a very pleasant surprise.

8. My favorite food is candy. I could eat sugar for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...no problem.

9. I'm 5'10" and my sister is 5'9"...yep, we're amazon women.

10. I have never seen a single Star Wars movie...and I have no desire to change that.

11. As a child I was deathly afraid of thunderstorms...and if I'm being honest...they still make me kind of nervous.


11 Questions from ChrissyLilly

1. What has been your bigger splurge so far (makeup or fashion)?
Makeup for sure. No contest.

2.If you could have one super power what would it be and why?
I wish I had the opposite of being able to read people's minds...I wish I was immune to all thoughts and opinions about me! I wish I had an impenetrable judgemental force field around me at all times, and my confidence could never be defeated! Well maybe not all that but very few people are given the power of truly not caring what others think about them...I think that's a pretty awesome super power.

3.If you could teleport anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Denver Colorado. It's not fanatically exotic but it's where my sister is...so that's where I want to be.

4. What's your holy grail beauty product?
False Eyelashes. Nothing makes me feel more confident and beautiful.

5. What's your favorite animal?
Penguins...so help me if I ever run across a penguin on ebay...

6. What's your favorite makeup brand?
The Balm. Awesome products and adorable packaging...what more could you ask for?

7. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging one month ago because I was tired of watching the world go by. I've read blogs and watched YouTube videos for years and I always thought "I could never do that"....I wouldn't be good enough, no one would care, and what would people think of me? Well I'm over that now and I'm loving it...I'm annoyed with myself for not starting this years ago. I didn't know I could have this much fun.

8. What's your biggest pet peeve about bloggers that you've noticed?
Airheads. Just because I love cosmetics doesn't mean my bedroom is covered in glitter and cartoon cats. Just because I write about makeup doesn't mean I end all of my sentences with "like, whatever.." I'm tired of girls dumbing it down because they believe that's what a "beauty blogger/vlogger" should be.  I'm proud to be intelligent and I wish younger girls would be too...there's nothing wrong with having a brain...and loving makeup.

9. How long does it take for you to get ready in the morning?
Depends on my mood...I can take 10 minutes or 2 hours. But usually around 30 minutes.

10. iPhone or Blackberry?
Pffff...Galaxy S3

11. What's your favorite season?
Fall. I love the weather, the fashion, and the makeup. Give me a scarf, a deep lip, and vampy nails and I'm one happy panda

My 11 Questions for my Nominees

1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. What's one thing you've learned about yourself because of blogging?
3. What is one thing that has surprised you about blogging? (Ex. I didn't expect people to be so nice)
4. If you could only wear one makeup up look the rest of your life, which would it be...eye makeup with bare lips or lipstick with no eye makeup?
5. Who is your biggest beauty inspiration?
6. What is your biggest pet peeve about bloggers that you've noticed? (yes I stole that one from Chrissy, but hey, it's a good one!)
7. What age did you start wearing makeup and what was the first makeup item you owned?
8. What is the best advice you've ever received? (Ex. "don't ever put yourself in the position where you have to depend on a man"~Mom ) Thanks Momma :)
9. What's one beauty rule you always follow?
10. If you could be somebody else for one day, who would it be and why?
11. What are you most proud of with your blog?

My Nominees...

I know, not even close to 11 but I'm still very new around here...
 
Desi from Dollface Beauty

 





No comments:

Post a Comment