Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter
Travel Size (1.5 oz)
tub is a little smaller than the palm of my hand
$5 at Ulta 
 
rich, thick, white cream body butter
 
Satsuma- seedless and easy to peel citrus fruit (kind of like a small orange or tangerine)
I include this definition because I didn't know it myself, thanks Wikipedia!
 

The Review...

Let me just start off by saying that I have never tried The Body Shop body butters. Frankly, the term "body butter" makes me nervous. It instantly makes me think "heavy and greasy"...two words I don't like associated with my body lotion. Like most people, I enjoy moisturizing my skin after my shower, especially after shaving my legs but if there's one thing I can't stand, its that greasy feeling left on my skin afterwards.
 I can safely say that this did not leave me with that feeling at all. This body butter is thick and rich but doesn't leave that greasy residue on my skin. It absorbs into my skin quickly, leaving it soft and moisturized.
This cream has a light, refreshing citrus scent....kind of like a mix of orange and grapefruit. I've enjoyed throwing this little guy in my purse and applying it to my hands throughout the day. (The true "greasy" test is if a product leaves a slippery residue on my steering wheel...which it did not) I can see the buzz with this stuff, it really is a nice product. I'm looking forward to trying more scents from this brand.
 
Would I repurchase...
Yes

3 comments:

  1. Aww, you've photographed this so nicely! I've loved the Satsuma fragrance since I was a kit, so this body butter sounds like such a nice treat! My skin isn't particularly dry, the the texture of this sounds perfect :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My skin isn't super dry either, so the texture of this body butter is just right!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm loving your blog as well, awesome photography, definitely following!

    ReplyDelete