Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lip Butter Looks: Fig Jam

Lip Butter Look Challenge:

create a look inspired by my many (and mostly unused) Revlon Lip Butters
Fig Jam
 
Warm Eyes, Highlighted Cheeks & Fig Jam Lips

 
For my eyes I tapped a bright copper shade all over my lid, blended it out with a warm matte brown shade, then deepen my outer corner with a dark matte brown shade. I added thick black liner to my upper and lower lash line and a nude kohl eye pencil to my waterline, to prevent my eyes from appearing red and irritated from the red undertones in my eye shadows. I finished with two coats of mascara on my upper and lower lashes.
 
reddish brown lips
 

 

The Look...

Fig Jam is probably one of my least used lip butters but I think this may be my favorite Lip Butter Look I have done yet. I love how this reddish brown lip color compliments the warm shadows on my eyes. I used a fair dusting of a golden highlighter to the apples of my cheeks and the center of my forehead and I feel like it really pulled the whole look together. This is a pretty neutral makeup look but the warmth of the red undertones give this look a little something unexpected.

Check out my other Lip Butter Looks:
 
Look out for more Lip Butter Looks inspired by my Revlon Lip Butter Collection!
 
Thanks for taking time out of your day to have a look at my blog...feel free to comment below and talk makeup with me!

 

15 comments:

  1. Fig Jam is a color I've picked up a dozen times and put back... maybe I'll pick it up in the fall when I'm leaning more towards dark/neutral colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I just recently picked this one up. I was never sure what I'd wear this color with but I'm really happy with the way this look turned out.

      Delete
  2. Love your make up looks and Revlon lip butters. I never looked at fig jam before but Ill probably be picking it up soon now. Also I nominated you for Liebster! Head over to my blog for the details!

    www.theycallthewindm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was one I passed up a hundred times but finally picked it up about a month ago. It's not an everyday lip color for me but I'm happy with the way this look turned out. Thank you so much, I'm flattered! I will definitely head over to your blog and have a look!

      Delete
  3. You look so pretty... your eyes are stunning xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful look. Esp love the eyes <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thanks for taking the time to have a look at my post!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love a good reddish brown eye shadow!

      Delete
  6. Ooh, Fig Jam is such a lovely shade! Rich and bold, but totally wearable. And loving that copper shade on your lid! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so surprised at how much I like this lip color, it was one I was always on the fence about! Thanks for the comment, you always have such sweet things to say!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Sarah,
    great look! I have got a similar shade of lipstick in a different brand and I never know how to pair it! Now you have given me some inspiration. Thank you
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I struggled to find a way to wear this color too...I'm really happy with the way this look turned out! Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  8. Ahhh! I wish you had posted the eye shadow colors as well! You look stunning! I can never get mine to look like that!! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete