Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bright Copper Eye Tutorial Using My Charlotte Ronson Palette in Nicole

The Look


I recently got a request to do a tutorial on the eye look I did in my Charlotte Ronson All Eye Need in Nicole Palette: A Review  post, so here it is...

The Products...


 
 Charlotte Ronson All Eye Need Palette in Nicole
Milani Eyeshadow Primer in #01 Nude
Mica Beauty Cosmetics Cream Liner in Black
Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume in Very Black

Creamy yellow shade, light bronze shade, bright copper shade, dark brown shade with fine gold sparkle
 

The Tools...

various brushes and my ELF Eyelash Curler
 
 
From left:

Sigma Large Fluff E50 brush-I use this brush to apply my brow bone shade, any fluffy brush will work
Sigma Eye Shading E55 brush- flat shadow brush used for packing color onto my lid
SOHO blending brush- small fluffy brush used for blending out any harsh line
ELF Professional Blending Eye Brush- small domed brush used for applying shadow to my crease
Sigma Eyeliner E05 brush- for applying my cream liner
Sigma Small Angle E65 brush- smudging liner/shadow into my lower lash line

The Tutorial...


I have already applied my foundation, powder, and Milani Eyeshadow Primer to my entire eyelid, up to my brow bone and on my lower lash line

Using a large fluffy brush, I applied the creamy yellow shade to my brow bone and the inner corner of my eye

I like to bring my brow bone shadow down into my crease, this will help me later with blending

Using a flat shader brush, I applied the light bronze shade to the inner half of my lid

 
Using the same flat shader brush, I tapped the bright copper shade on the outer half of my eyelid and up to my crease
 
Blend out any harsh lines using a small fluffy blending brush
 

Using a small domed crease brush, I applied the dark brown shade to my outer corner

I first press the shadow on my outer corner and then blend it out with light pressure "windshield wiper" motions from the outer corner to my inner corner
Pressing the shadow into the lid first keeps the most color intensity in the outer corner. "Windshield wiper" motions blends the dark brown into the crease and inner corner.  
Using the same fluffy brush as before, blend out any harsh lines


fully blended shadow look

I applied black winged liner to my upper lash line
 See my step by step eyeliner tutorial here
 
I used the remaining product on my brush and smudged it on my lower lash line
Using a small angle brush, I smudged out my liner with the dark brown shadow on the outer half of my lower lash line and the light bronze shade on the inner half of my lower lash line
finished shadow and liner look
I curled my lashes and applied two coats of mascara to my upper lashes and one coat to my lower lashes


The Finished Eye Look



 I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and found it somewhat informative. Feel free to leave any requests for any looks I do here on my blog! I'd be happy to do them for you!
 

12 comments:

  1. Great post lovely! Very thorough and the shadow is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. I loooove your tutorials. I wouldn't get sick of them if you did one every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's an awesome compliment! I put a lot of work into these posts so it's nice to know someone finds them informative...or at least interesting! If there is ever a look I do that you'd like a tutorial on, please feel free to let me know...I'd be more than happy to do it! Thanks for the comment, it really made my day!

      Delete
  3. Wow, the step-by-step is super helpful! You did an amazing job! Love the bronze and brown combo- one of my favourites. I often wear a similar look with MAC Amber Lights and Mulch eye shadows. I'm really tempted by that Charlotte Ronson palette :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I'm glad you find them helpful! I really love this palette...the bright copper/bronze is a new color combo for me but I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying it!

      Delete
    2. Hello Sara. I nominated you the Versatile Blogger Award. When you do it send me a link in the comments. You can read more about here:

      http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much! I'm flattered! I'll definitely send you the link!

      Delete
  4. Wow! First of all, this look is gorgeous! Also, the step-by-step is really informative. I love the lid color. This is a really great post. Definitely following <3 Also, I would love to see you do a purple smoky eye.

    Thanks!

    http://thelifeofyouraveragetwenty-something.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! I'm so glad you found it informative! I'll definitely get a purple smoky eye look up for you soon! I'm loving your blog, following as well! Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my blog post!

      Delete
  5. I found this palette on sale at Sephora today! This look is so pretty, I can't wait to try it out! Great blog btw, I really like your tagline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I really love the warm copper shades in this look! Thanks for the sweet comment!!
      -Sara

      Delete