Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Sonia Kashuk Moisture Luxe Tinted Lip Balm: A Review

Sonia Kashuk Moisture Luxe Tinted Lip Balm
#44 Hint Of Berry
$10 at Target stores 

deep wine shade
I love that this is a more plummy berry shade rather than a pinky berry shade


heavy, sleek, matte black tube
feels very "expensive" in your hand

My Review...

I know, its spring time already but I just can't seem to pull myself away from the deep berry lip colors of winter! I love how berry shades brighten my face and add interest to any neutral eye look...and this tinted lip from Sonia Kashuk is no exception. I'm loving the deep wine/plum tones of this shade.

The texture of this tinted balm is very moisturizing and smooth on the lips. I'd describe the texture as being lighter than a Revlon Lip Butter but thicker than a Maybelline Color Whisper. (It definitely has less of that thick, heavy feel on the lips but more than that thin, slippery feel on the lips...its right in between) This formula is light and comfortable enough for all day wear but even if the balm wears off of your lips, it leaves behind a beautiful stained look, which I love.

If I'm being completely honest, the packaging was a big reason I purchased this product. This balm comes in a sleek, matte black tube and its surprisingly very heavy! I love the feel of it in my hand, the weight makes it feel very "expensive". I know, isn't that kind of stuff silly, but it definitely influenced this purchase!

Would I Repurchase...
No. Though I love the shade and texture of this balm, $10 is a little steep for a drugstore lip product.

Are there any fall/winter makeup trends you just cannot let go of? Let me know in the comments down below!

2 comments:

  1. The texture of this looks lovely and the shade is great! Thanks for the review :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thanks for taking the time to have a look at my post!

      Delete