photographed face on in dimmer lighting
- "ultra blendable and versatile"
- "this eye color can be applied dry for an even wash of color or wet for a more vibrant effect."
- khaki green and black baked eye shadow with gold veining
- shadow is about the size of a half dollar coin
- I purchased this at Sephora, however the website does not state that this shade is exclusive to only Sephora
|photographed at a different angle in brighter lighting|
|swatch applied dry, swatch applied wet|
swatches photographed in natural light
What can I say? This color is gorgeous. I rarely (as in never) buy high end single eye shadows. I prefer to buy palettes and kits because they are generally a better value...but I've been seeing this eye shadow floating around YouTube and blogs recently and I instantly knew...she must be mine.
- slightly gritty texture
- sheer bronze/brown/gold shade
- pretty shimmery finish
- smooth, creamy texture
- saturated green/gold shade
- gorgeous metallic finish, very opaque
I'm in love with the versatility of this shadow. I definitely don't mind the $23 price tag because this shadow can easily be used to create an entire multidimensional eye look. I think this shade is an "unexpected" neutral that can be used to create a soft, day time look or a dramatic night out look. I'm so excited to experiment with the versatility of this shadow.
Keep an eye out for a Makeup Daily and a Dramatic Eye Tutorial using this new Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat!