Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Awesome Drugstore Brushes Under $10


 

   I recently pick up this SOHO brush set from Walgreens (I'm forever on a search for the biggest and best brush) and I'm so glad I did. I cannot say enough good things about this SOHO Double-Ended Cat Eye Brush Set...soft, dense, sturdy, CHEAP...they're an awesome addition to any one's brush collection.

*If anyone could enlighten me about why these brushes are called "double-ended" I'd sure appreciate it...cause they're not. They have normal brush heads and plastic blunt ends. So unless plastic, blunt ends of brushes are a new way of applying mascara...I got nothing on why these would be called "double-ended*

 
 
  • $9.99 at Walgreens (in store only)
  • Set Includes:
  • Concealer brush and smudge brush
  • Eye Shadow brush and definer brush
  • Eyeliner and brow brush
  • Nylon fiber bristles
  • Long, plastic black handles with pink accents (very light weight)
  • Website includes How-To and Care Instructions
  • Made in China
 

The Brushes...

 

Concealer and Smudge Brush 



Concealer and Smudge brush (front view)



Concealer and Smudge brush (side view)
 
     I don't know if I'll be using this brush as a concealer brush or as a smudging brush but at far as a tapered blending brush...this is one on my favorites! This medium sized fluffy brush is perfect for blending out my eye looks without smearing shadow all the way up to my brow bone...I hate that. Great brush, definitely one of my current favorites.
 

Eye Shadow brush and Smudge brush

 
 
     Great brush for contouring and adding definition to the crease. This short, dense brush also has a slight slant at the top which makes this brush perfect for adding shadow to the crease and beginning to fade it up onto the brow bone, giving the eye a more natural finish. I also love the small shape of this brush because it does not overwhelm my eye and keeps my crease shadows right where I want them...in my crease!  

Eyeliner and Brow brush


Eyeliner and Brow brush (side view)

Eyeliner and Brow brush (front view)
 
   Don't get me wrong, I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to make a decent angled brush but I must say, this is a good one. This brush would be great for lining the upper lash line with a creamy gel liner but my preferred use for this brush is lining my lower lash line with liner or shadow. This brush is slim and dense which gives me great control for placing shadows in small places around my eye...such as my lower lash line. Though this brush claims to be a brow brush, I do feel like this brush is a little to flimsy for this use in my opinion...another awesome brush!

My Thoughts...
What an awesome little brush set! I'm so excited that I picked this set up. They are quickly becoming everyday staples in my vast brush collection.

Got a favorite cheap brush that you love?
Leave me a comment below and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment