Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Lipstick Dressing Room


Now I know I'm about to completely discredit myself as a beauty blogger but here's the cold, hard truth...I'm not that much a of lip product person. Now that doesn't mean I don't own enough lip products to supply an entire high school...I just don't typically apply lipstick on a daily basis. I will mostly reach for a nude balm or a sheer plum gloss....something quick, simple, and neutral.

     I came up with this series to try and break my "no lip products" rut that I've been in and try on all of my neglected lip products for you guys. I hope you find some inspiration to reach in your lip drawer (I know you have one!) and try on some of your old favorite lip products.
 
So these are the products I will be trying on in my Lipstick Dressing Room today!


In the Dressing Room

Wet N Wild Mega Shield Lip Color in #372S

Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in #101

ELF Mineral Lipstick in #10506 Classy

NYX Soft Matte Cream in #05 Antwerp

Star Looks Lip Pencil in Tipsy
NYX Matte Lipstick in #01 Nude
NYX Pump It Up Lip Plumper in #06 Kim

NYX Lip Liner Pencil in #845 Hot Pink
Wet N Wild Matte Lipstick in #966 Don't Blink Pink

Milani Lipstick in #17 Plumrose


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in #126 Metallic Seduction
(topped with) NYC Lipstick in #309B Sheer Red
What are some of your favorite lip products or lip combos?
I'd love to know so leave a comment below...Thanks for reading!  

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, so many lovely shades! NYX has so many incredible lip products and I'm loving the look of Don't Blink Pink! Glad you've found some lipsticks that you're enjoying :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYX Round Lipsticks are the best! I'm actually working on a collection post as we speak, thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Okay so kind of a dumb question but, whenever I'm applying lipstick or any other kind of lip product, I always have a hard time getting it to apply on the inner part of where my lips meet. It's always really noticeable when I open my mouth or something. Anyways, I was just wondering how you apply yours because it looks seamless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a dumb question at all! I have that problem too. It's probably because that is the "most moist" part of your mouth so its going to break down products faster than any other part of your mouth. I would recommend using a lip stain or if you're wearing a lipstick, try using a lip primer under your lip products. Even that may not fix the problem completely (I constantly struggle with it) so unfortunately its just one of those annoying things about makeup...ugg! Hope this helped a little! Thanks for reading and leaving a comment...great question!
      -Sara

      Delete