|True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Sinner|
|Dramatic "Sinner" Eye Look|
Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Sinner
- Sephora Exclusive
- 8 Eye Shadows
- 1 Mini Puro Amor Black Autograph Pencil Eyeliner
- website includes a "How To Use" Instruction Section
I have always been a fan of Kat Von D's makeup line because she typically delivers high quality products for a decent price. I've had some of her eyeshadow palettes for years and they continue to be some of my favorite and most used palettes. I've had this palette in Sinner (and Saint) on my wish list for quite a while so I was pretty excited when I finally decided to pick them up. Here are my thoughts...
(from left to right)
Disco Dust-pearly pink
Ace of Shades-deep purple with purple sparkle
Violator-charcoal/purple shade with medium purple sparkle
Holy Bible-pearly silver (very opaque)
Glock-pearly medium charcoal
Dorian Gray-pearly deep charcoal
Lucifer-matte black (very deep and pigmented...awesome shade)
Mini Puro Amor Black Autograph Pencil Eyeliner-creamy black eyeliner but not the most pigmented
Disco Dust, Linzy Jane, Ace of Spades, Violator
Holy Bible, Glock, Dorian, Lucifer
|Mini Puro Amor Black Autograph Pencil Eyeliner|
- amazing pigmentation
- rich, buttery texture
- smooth application (leaves a very smooth and even finish on the eye)
- good shade selection (for a variety of looks)
- includes multiple shadow finishes (including matte)
- durable tin compact includes a large mirror and a large trial size black eyeliner (great for travel)
- good price point for the amount and quality of these shadows (about $4.50 per shadow, plus an eyeliner)
- I'm not a huge fan of the new tin packaging (though the tin case is good for protecting the shadows, I prefer the sleek, matte packaging design of her previous palettes)
- eyeliner was not very pigmented (appeared more charcoal on the eyes, rather than black
On The Eye...
"A smoky eye adds an instant air of mystery"
"Le smoky eye vous donne un air mysterieux"
-Kat Von D
I'm loving this palette. It has quickly become my go-to palette for my night time outings. I love the pigmentation, finish, texture, and blendability of these shadows. Though I wouldn't say I saw a particular difference in the hydration of my eyelids, I will say that these shadows did leave a beautiful, smooth, soft finish to the eyes. I've used this palette in a number of ways to achieve different looks and I'm been completely happy with all of the results.
Would I Repurchase?
Review of the Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Saint coming soon!